Jitendra Borhade is working as independent cinematographer for films, television commercials, documentaries and music videos and is currently based in Mumbai, India. He is post graduate student in Video Communication from Department of Communication studies, University of Pune. Jitendra graduated in Physics with vocational Photography and audio visual production from Fergusson College, Pune (India). Jitendra Borhade has worked with some prominent cinematographer on feature films, television commercials, documentaries as first assistant cinematographer as well as second unit cinematographer in the Indian film industry.
- Vaimanik (The Pilot) / short fiction / 2018 / cinematographer, screenwriter and director
- In Between / short fiction / 2018 / cinematographer
- 99 Songs / Feature Film / 2017 / first assistant cinematographer
- Udta Punjab / Feature film / 2016 / first assistant cinematographer
- A Run for Pride / short fiction / 2015 / cinematographer
- Nital (Purity) / short fiction / 2013 / cinematographer, screenwriter and director
- 40 feet / short fiction / 2013 / cinematographer
- Vaimanik (The Pilot) / 7th DMCS National short and documentary festival / Best Film / 2018 / Pune, India
- Nital (Purity) / 2nd Pune short film festival / Best Director / 2014 / Pune, India
- 40 feet / 1st Yuva short film festival / Best Film, Best Actress / 2014 / Ahmednagar, India
NORA NABILA BINTI AHMAD SABRI
Nora Nabila is a documentary filmmaker who is focusing on social and taboo issues that happened in her society and culture she was brought up to. Her first film talked about female deprived in sexual need and was banned by the Malaysian Censorship Board. However, it was screened in 6 countries including Brunei, New York, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand and other places and is until now being used as reference to talk about women’s issue. To date, Nora had made 30 pieces of 2 minutes documentaries.
- The Mothers 2 / documentary anthology / 2017 / director and editor
- Young Changemakers Anthology / documentary / 2017 / producer
- 2 Sides / documentary / 2017 / editor
- The Mothers / documentary anthology / 2016 / director and editor
- Blurrrrppp / 2016 / director
- Colours / 2015 / director and editor
- Music That Escape Drugs / documentary / 2015 / director and editor
- English Teacher / documentary / 2015 / director and editor
- Thirsty / 2013 / director
- Listen / 2012 / producer and co-director
- Hyperstartle / 2010 / art director
- My Mother In Law – The Story of P. Ramlee That You Never Knew / Best Experimental Film / P. Ramlee Appreciation Film Festival / 2012 / Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Hyperstartle / FFVPM8 / Best Documentary / 2010 / Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Ioana is a documentary filmmaker, whose interests are both in linear structured narratives and interactive formats. She holds a BA degree in Photography and Cinematography and a MA degree in documentary filmmaking from Babeș-Bolyai University. Refractara, her graduation short doc was selected at DocuArt Film Festival 2017 and Cluj Shorts 2018. The short VR film she co-directed, A.I. Comrade, was part of the official selection in the VR program at Astra Film Festival 2017.
- Super, Alis / short documentary / in production / production assistant and production manager
- A.I. Comrade / 360 VR, short / 2017 / co-director
- Refractara / short documentary / 2017 / co-director
KONRAD MATEUSZ KIDAWA
Currently lives in Warsaw, Poland. Graduated from the Warsaw University in Philosophy BA and MA. He participated in numerous courses in field of film and art such as: photography course at Marian Schmidt’s Warsaw School of Photography, Piotr Łazarkiewicz Film Academy, FilmSpring Open – Sławomir Idziak’s workshops, Tender Metropolis – Budapest, Pomerian Filmmaking Workshops. He worked in theatre as an assistant producer at Nowy Teatr, Warsaw, and as assistant curator at the Museum of Xawery Dunikowski in Warsaw. He was assistant director for The Man with the Magic Box (dir. Bodo Kox). Currently, he is developing an idea for a documentary and working on a film as a director and screenwriter for Papaya Young Directors contest.
- Stranger / short fiction / 2018 / director and screenwriter
- The Man with the Magic Box / documentary / 2017 / director
- Kinga / documentary / 2016 / director
- Bed Time / short / 2014 / director
- Nonsense & Absurd | Transmitting Live From Cabeca / videoclip / 2014 / director and editor
COUNTRY: USA / Germany
She is a documentary filmmaker currently based in Berlin, Germany. She has pursued her Master in Documentary Filmmaking at the VCA in Melbourne Australia with a passion for directing, writing, and cinematography. In Berlin, she has been working with refugees and migrants using photography and video as a form of empowerment and also as a way for refugees/migrants to tell their stories and express themselves. Vanessa likes collaborative projects, so she is currently co-filmmaking her first fully funded short documentary film where migrants/refugees are not just subjects, but co-authors and co-directors of the process and the work.
- Die Religion der Liebe / short film / 2017 / director, co-writer and co-editor
- Let’s Stay / web series / 2016 / co-director, co-writer and co-cinematographer
- A Face in the Crowd / short documentary / 2015 / director, writer and editor
- The Ship Visitor / short documentary / 2014 / director, writer, editor
MUMTAAZ MAHOMED PEERBHAY
COUNTRY: South Africa
Mumtaaz graduated from the University of the Witwatersrand with a Bachelor of Arts degree with a triple major in Drama, Film and English Literature. In 2010 she was selected as one of twenty-eight young filmmakers under the age of twenty-five in South Africa, to direct her first documentary film and the result was film Made in China. Over the years, Mumtaaz worked with various successful artists mainly in field of TV and film art. She worked on big projects such as being a part of creative team that developed various shows for Connect TV. Out of this collaboration, she co-directed Our Perfect Wedding – Mzansi Magic’s most popular and highest rated reality show. In 2016 she sat on the board of the Writers Guild of SA. In the same year she was also responsible for channel maintenance and channel play out of a popular Afrikaans channel on DSTV. In 2017/2018 when she took on the role of Executive Producer for her company Unreel Media. She produced a thirteen part docu-reality series for the national broadcaster (SABC2), Botho – An act of kindness.
Mumtaaz was awarded by SAFTA twice, and now has the honour of being the judge (in the following categories, documentary short, documentary feature and wildlife).
- Botho – An act of kindness / docu-reality / 2018 / executive producer and director
- Shwe Shwe Kids / stop-frame animation / 2015 / production manager
- Technorati 3.0 / Technology TV show / 2014-2015 / series director and scriptwriter
- Our Perfect Wedding / Reality TV / 2013 / director, scriptwriter and format development
- Check Coast / documentary / 2013 / data wrangler
- Life’s a stage / docu-reality / 2012 / stop frame animator and data wrangler
- Play your part / magazine show / 2011 / researcher, production assistant, director
- 90 Plein Street III / drama / 2011 / director’s assistant
- The skin we’re in / reality / 2010 / editor
- Made in China / short documentary / 2010 / director and scriptwriter
- Made in China / SAFTA / winner of best short documentary / 2012
- Made in China / SAFTA / winner of best factual and educational programme / 2012
student of film school
Mikaela did classical and contemporary dance for 15 years. She attended various workshops related to social issues in Cyprus, such as gender equality, youth participation in a bi-communal community, human rights etc. In 2015 she began her studies in France, where she studied theory and technique in Film and Audiovisual arts.
Tara Bhatnagar has been a part of the Indian film industry for 7 years. She completed a one-year P.G. Diploma course in Social Communications Media at the Sophia Polytechnic in Mumbai where she directed a documentary film on Mumbai being a cycle-friendly city, titled MumBIcycles. She immediately began working with Shivendra Singh Dungarpur as an Assistant Director after college in 2011. Since then, she has worked with some of the most influential and independent film-makers in India, namely Shivendra Singh Dungarpur, Nandita Das, Anand Gandhi, Onir Dhar, Bikas Mishra and Ritesh Menon. It is under their guidance, that Tara has understood all aspects of cinema, learned different ways to tell a story and grasped the technicalities of film-making.
- The Scavenger’s Daughter / feature (fiction) / 2017 / assistant director
- Manto / feature (fiction) / 2017 / continuity supervisor
- Ballabhpur Ki Roopkatha / feature (fiction) / 2016 / assistant director and continuity supervisor
- Pagla Ghoda / feature (fiction) / 2016 / assistant director and continuity supervisor
- Chauranga / feature (fiction) / 2015 / post production supervisor
- My Birthday Song / feature (fiction) / 2014-2015 / assistant director and continuity supervisor
- An Insignificant Man / documentary / 2013-2014 / assistant director, assistant camera, assistant sound and editor
- Celluloid Man / documentary / 2012-2013 / assistant director
- MumBIcycles / documentary / 2011 / director
- An Insignificant Man / New York Indian Film Festival / Best Documentary / 2017 / New York City, USA
- An Insignificant Man / Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles / Best Documentary / 2017 / Los Angeles, USA
- An Insignificant Man / Brooklyn Film Festival / Best Documentary / 2017 / New York, USA
- An Insignificant Man / Warsaw Film Festival / Best Documentary / 2016 / Warsaw, Poland
- Chauranga / Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles / Grand Jury Prize for Best Film / 2015 / Los Angeles, USA
- Celluloid Man / Mumbai International Film Festival / Special Jury Award / 2014 / Mumbai, India
- Chauranga / Mumbai International Film Festival / Best Film (India Gold) / 2014 / Mumbai, India
- Celluloid Man / XII Kyiv International Documentary Film Festival / Nestor The Chronicler award / 2013 / Kiev, Ukraine
Graduated in Bachelor of Mass Media. He got an opportunity to work in Leo Burnett as a Junior Agency Producer where he spent 3 years working on TV commercials for various clients. He started working with Saatchi & Saatchi as an Agency Producer and after that with Indian Advertising Production Company: ‘Elements’. There, he was working on advertising production in totality. After 3 years of working with Elements, he is an Executive Producer at Superfly Films.
CLAUDIA GARCIA COVARRUBIAS
Claudia Garcia Covarrubias is a Mexican filmmaker graduated from the University Centre of Cinematographic Studies (CUEC-UNAM), specializing in directing and producing. She also has a bachelor’s degree in mass media by the Faculty of Political and Social Sciences of the UNAM.
She has directed produced and edited drama, comedy, and documentary TV series and has collaborated in the editorial department in feature and documentary films. She also produced commercials, and social awareness campaigns. Some of the short films she has directed were selected in film festivals in México and Latin America. In 2014 she founded Cine Bajo el Cielo, a non-profit organization dedicated to teach filmmaking and the spread of cinematographic contents in rural and urban communities in Mexico.
- The Idol / feature film / 2018 / producer
- The three versions of me / short comedy / 2017 / director
- The women of my family / documentary / social campaign / 2017 / director
- Why do they kill the chicken / documentary / 2016 / director
- Night Light / short drama / 2016 / director
- Beauty Night / short drama / 2011/ director
- Invisible Details / documentary / 2010 / director
- Sea Water / short drama / 2009 / director
- Sea Water / 4to. Festival de cine lationamericano de Sao Paulo / Special Mention / 2009 / Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Invisible Details / Premio Jose Rovirosa de Documental / Special Mention / 2012 / Mexico
Said Najmi is a freelance filmmaker, from Palestinian origin, born in KSA, raised and based in Jordan. With a degree in Multimedia he started his film career in 2007 in the digital filmmaking workshop, RFC – USC. Later on, he joined the Red Sea of Cinematic Arts for MFA in Cinematic Arts 2010. Said made several award winning shorts that screened in International festivals. For ten years now, Said works in the film and media industry in camera, directing and editing as well as conducting several filmmaking workshops. Looking forward to cooperate and make films to open windows to storytelling in the Middle East.
- Wojoh (Faces) / short documentary / 2012 / director, producer, DP and editor
- Al Nai (The Flute) / short fiction / 2010 / director
- Urban Scream / short documentary / 2009 / director
- My Friend / short fiction / 2009 / director, writer, producer
- The Party / short fiction / 2008 / director
- The Other Side of My Neighbourhood / short fiction / 2007 / director and producer
- Wojoh (Faces) / 8th TTFF / Best International Production (Benedetto Senni Award) / 2014 / Italy
- Wojoh (Faces) / Skepto Int’l Film Festival / Special Mention / 2013 / Italy
- Wojoh (Faces) / International festival of non-commercial films / Best Asian Doc /2013 / Armenia
- Wojoh (Faces) / Filmambiente / Special Mention /2013 / Brazil
- Wojoh (Faces) / Franco Arab Film Festival / Jury Prize (Best Doc) / 2012 / Jordan
- Al Nai (The Flute) / Con-Can Movie Festival, Corto Tokyo / Best Picture / 2010 / Japan
- Al Nai (The Flute) / FICMÉC / Special Mention / 2010 / Beirut, Lebanon
COUNTRY: Indian/ India
Anshul is cinematographer who studied cinematography at Satyajit Ray Film and TV Institute in Kolkata. During the 7 years of studies he made a solid foundation in filmmaking by working on his skill sets by shooting independent films and documentaries. He also worked in a News channel for couple of years. Apart from films, whenever there is an opportunity, he zips off to Himalayas on his motorcycle with his camera.
- The Guide / documentary / 2018 / cinematographer
- Google SMB / fiction/ 2018 / cinematographer
- An Incoherent Query / fiction / 2017 / cinematographer
- The Power of One / documentary / 2017 / cinematographer
- Breakthrough Snapshots from Afar / documentary / 2016 / cinematographer
- Cancer 71 / fiction / 2016 / cinematographer
- The Sacred One / documentary / 2016 / cinematographer
- Handiworks of the God / documentary / 2016 / cinematographer
- Fill in the Blanks / fiction / 2016 / cinematographer
- Indegene Crafts / music video / 2016 / cinematographer
- Entanglement / music video/ 2015 / cinematographer
- Thikana / fiction / 2015 / cinematographer
- From Dawn to Dusk / documentary / 2015 / cinematographer
- Cancer 71 / Jaipur International Film Festival / International Best Women Film Short Fiction / 2017 / Jaipur, India
- Cancer 71 / All Lights India Film Festival / Special Jury Award- Best Short Film / 2016 / Hyderabad, India
- Antabiheen / 5th Bangalore Short Film Festival / Special Jury Mention / 2016 / Bangalore, India
LEVI JUN MISCALA
LJ started making films at Grade 8, however, his family couldn’t afford his dream to be a director but he still pursued Multimedia as a scholar and graduated as Cum Laude. He dreamed to give the next generation a sense of possibility that he received, that’s why he joined Teach for the Philippines and became a public-school teacher for 2 years. Now, he is an HR professional who crafts messages to attract promising leaders in the Philippines for them to build the next generation through education.
- Even if Nobody Sees / short drama / 2018 / director, writer and editor
- Don’t Go Beyond the Lines / short comedy and drama / 2018 / director, writer and editor
- Farewell / short drama / 2018 / director and writer
- Vision 20/20 / short documentary / 2015 / director, writer and editor
- The Rise of OPM / short documentary / 2014 / editor
- Don’t Go Beyond the Lines / PowerMac 1 Minute Film Challenge (Top 10 Scholarship) / Top 10 Finalist / 2018 / Manila, Philippines
- Farewell / Rebelde Film Camp 8 Hour Film Challenge / Best Film, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Actor, and PowerMac Film Award / Batanes, Philippines
- Vision 20/20 / Stories of Friendship National Video Competition / 2nd Place / 2014 / Makati,
He was born in La Paz, Bolivia, but after separation of his parents, his mother raised him in Chile.
He studied at the University of Chile, but he left the race to go in search of adventures. He travelled through the Americas for years and worked as a worker in the construction, as a fisherman in a boat, as an extra in a Brazilian soup-opera filmed in Machu Picchu, etc. Then, he studied filmmaking in Ecuador, and discovered permaculture lifestyle, so now he is divided between those two passions.
- Perro Bomba / fiction / to be released / cinematographer assistant
- Miscarrige / short fiction / to be released / cinematographer
- The Andean Shepardess / documentary / 2016 / cinematographer
- ¿Con que sueñan los corderos?/ short fiction / 2011 / director, cinematographer and editor
- The White Elephant / short documentary / 2010 / cinematographer and editor
- The Andean Shepardess / 20th Santiago International Documentary Film Festival of Santiago (FIDOCS)/ Winner national competition / 2016 / Santiago, Chile
- ¿Con que sueñan los corderos? / 22nd Amalia de Gallardo Shortfilm Competition / 2° Winner / 2011 / La Paz, Bolivia.
- The White Elephant / 7th Santiago International Film Festival (SANFIC) / Winner National Talent / 2011 / Santiago, Chile
He is a graduate of BA in Theatre, Film & Television and a current student of MS Film & Television program at Beaconhouse National University in Lahore, Pakistan. He has achieved accolades during his undergrad studies by participating in various international programs which includes the London International Documentary Festival and British Council’s art program for youth in UK in 2010, International Development Youth Forum 2014 in Japan, Cinemadamare Film Festival 2015 in Italy, Crossway Foundation’s art program for emerging artists in USA in 2016, Berlin International Film Festival 2017 in Germany, Dubai International Film Festival 2017 in UAE. He has recently been invited by Cannes Film Festival 2018 for the exhibition of his short film which deals with the issue of forced marriages in developing countries. He has also served as a lecturer of ‘Film Theory and History’ at his alma mater.
He is an avid supporter of creating coherence between diverse cultures and has been working at length in developing his expertise in the said area. Besides professional work he had volunteered for social change to teach the children residing in the marginalized slums of Lahore with technical education regarding filmmaking.
- Jahan Ara / fiction / 2018 / producer and director
- Mubarak / fiction / 2018 / producer, writer and director
- From AM to PM / documentary / 2018 / producer, writer, director and cinematographer
- Applause / commercial / 2018 / producer
- Doosri Taraf / fiction / 2017 / associate producer
- Ahsas / fiction / 2016 / associate producer
- Sip: Road To Fame / commercial / 2012 / producer, writer and director
- Statistics / documentary / 2010 / writer and director
screenwriter, director, editor
Prior to filmmaking, Xiao Peng has been working as a designer majoring in the field of textiles, costume & print design. He has worked in several film productions mainly in the wardrobe/& art department and has experience in costume design for theatre. It was not until 2011, where he attended Directing and Documentary filmmaking workshops in B&H, Cuba, and in NYU that he began to work on film projects independently with colleagues already involved in the audio-visual field. In 2015, he co-directed a short documentary Pelo Bueno Pelo Malo, filmed in Cuba, and it was premiered and selected in the official competition at the 15th ISFVF film festival of the Beijing Film Academy in China. The film was subsequently screened in themed film festivals in the UK and US. Currently, he is also studying with Lasalle College of the Arts in the Puttnam School of Film in Singapore.
- AK47 / documentary / 2018 / writer-director, camera, sound and editor
- Pu Yun / short fiction / 2018 / screenwriter, script supervisor and art director
- Elephant / short fiction / 2018 / production designer
- Leaving / dance / 2018 / director and editor
- Pelo Bueno Pelo Malo / documentary / 2015 / co-director and camera
- Ways Of Seeing / experimental / 2013 / co-director and camera
- Wa is Wayang / feature / 2012 / wardrobe supervisor