“Valley of the rulers“ at Tel Aviv International Student Film Fest Documentary film
“Valley of the rulers“ (Dolina vladara), filmed during 12th International Student Film Camp “Interaction 2017” had its world premiere at the Tel Aviv International Student Film Fest. The first screening happened on 13th of June 2018 in cinema Cinematheque in Tel Aviv. “Valley of the rulers“ competed in category “Independent Competition” among 14 other films from around the world.
“Valley of the rulers“ is a short documentary film about the residents of nursing home in Zabučje, near Užice, where the film was shot during the Interaction Camp in August of 2017.
The director Efim Graboy (Izrael), production manager Milena Šmigić (Serbia) and sound designer Anton Levkin (Russia) attended the premiere. The rest of the crew are director of photography Constanza Sandoval (Argentina), editor Walid Messnaoui (Maroko) and local guide from Užice Ana Ostojić.
SELECTION RESULTS – 13th International Student Film Camp “Interaction 2018”
Members of the selection jury: Nayra Sanz Fuentes (director, writer, producer and editor / Spain), Efim Graboy (director / Israel) and Dejan Petrović (director, IFC “Filmart” general manager / Serbia) considered the applications and decided that the participants of 13th International Student Film Camp “Interaction 2018” are:
Department FILM PRODUCTION:
- Milica Jokić (Serbia) / Academy of Arts, Novi Sad (Serbia)
- Osama Aiad (Egypt) / Higher Cinema Institute (Egypt)
- Sidali Zaafoune (Algeria) / Institut Supérieur des Métiers des Arts du Spectacle – ISMAS (Algeria)
- Siham Hinawi (France) / INSAS (Belgium)
- Inma de Reyes (Spain) / University of Edinburgh (United Kingdom)
- Gala Negrello (Argentina-Italy) / Universidad de Buenos Aires – UBA (Argentina)
- Rawan Namngani (Saudi Arabia) / Effat University (Saudi Arabia)
- Arnold Fernandes (India) / Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute of India (India)
- Benjamin Garay (Argentina) / Universidad de Buenos Aires – UBA (Argentina)
Department SOUND DESIGN:
- Evgeniy Ziborov (Russia) / The All-Russian State Institute of Cinematography of S. A. G. – VGIK (Russia)
- Ahmed Karem (Egypt) / Higher Cinema Institute (Egypt)
- Olga Solovyova (Russia) / The All-Russian State Institute of Cinematography of S. A. G. – VGIK (Russia)
- Jakob Hreščak (Slovenia) / Academy for Theater, Radio, Film and Television, University of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Stefan Rokvić (Serbia) / Faculty Of Dramatic Arts (Serbia)
- Maha Moussa (Palestine) / American University in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
Selection Jury – 13th International Student Film Camp “Interaction 2018”:
Nayra Sanz Fuentes (Spain)
Director, writer, producer and editor- graduated in Spanish Philology, specializing in contemporary literature. She wrote part of her PhD at the Humboldt University of Berlin, where she developed a study on the work of the filmmaker Leni Riefenstahl. After that she studied a Master on Film Directing in New York. On her return to Spain she founded the production company Rinoceronte Films (www.rinocerontefilms.com). She has directed six short films of fiction and non-fiction receiving various awards and participating in more than 200 film festivals (Anniversary, 2009; Encounter, 2010; Things in Common, 2011; Un día cualquiera, 2014; Sub Terrae, 2017; In those lands, 2018). Her first feature film is As Old as the World (2012), which won the “Precolombino de Oro” Award at the 29º Inter. Film Festival of Bogotá. She has also been the Editor and Director of Production of The Building (2012), and Co-producer and Cowriter of The hidden city (2018), both directed by Víctor Moreno, nominated to the Goya’s Awards on 2015.
Efim Graboy (Israel)
At the age of 20 Efim got a fund to make his first documentary film, Home Sweet Home (2010), the film was broadcasted in Israel, and won an awards in festivals. After that he went to develop his abilities as a director at film department in Tel Aviv University. He worked as an editor and director at biggest Israeli sport channel. In 2012 he created a short experimental film, Minilook Kiev. In 2013 he made, Life in a Plate, stop motion animation that made only from food, that broadcasted in TV and shown at art museum. In July 2015, he participated in program “Looking for China”, Efim made a movie, Bird of Paradise, about capital of Shaanxi province, Xi’an. His fiction film, Lamps Lit on a Towpath (2016) was official selection at prestigious Palm Springs Short Fest 2016. The Unknown Soldier (2017) was screened in Cinemas in Israel, won 6 awards in festivals. In 2017, Efim was chosen to participate in a documentary film camp, Interaction, and made a documentary film in mountains in Serbia, Valley of the Rulers (2018).
Dejan Petrović (Serbia)
A writer and director of short fiction and documentary films, and also the author of many promotional films, commercials, music videos and tv shows. He produced more than forty short documentary films. He’s the founder and C.E.O. of the Independent film centre “Filmart” that organizes several projects, the International student film camp “Interaction” being one of them. He teaches directing at the Academy of Arts in Belgrade and he’s also a member of DocSerbia organisation. His film “The Same” participated in the competition programme of the renowned documentary film festival IDFA in Amsterdam 2017. He is the winner of several awards on numerous film festivals, including the Grand-prix for the best documentary film on the 65th Belgrade festival of documentary and short film for his film “The Same” in April 2018.
CALL FOR SUBMISSION – 13th International Student Film Camp “Interaction 2018”
Požega (Serbia), from 11th to 28th August 2018
call for submission
13th International Student Film Camp “Interaction 2018” organized by the Independent Film Centre “Filmart” is going to be held from 11th to 28th August 2018 in Požega (Serbia). During the 13th International Student Film Camp “Interaction 2018”, 15 participants, divided into three crews will shoot three documentary films on a given subject. Along with the film production, the accompanying programmes will be organized: the “Interscreen“ programme, an excursion, sport and music activities, as well as the premiere of the films.
Your application will be taken into consideration if you:
- study film production, directing, cinematography, sound design or editing
- have taken part in production of at least one documentary film
- speak English fluently
- complete and submit the online application form
- upload a film (provided that you participated in its production) on some of the online services (YouTube, Vimeo) and place the link in your online application form along with the password
the organizer provides:
- board and lodging for the participants
- equipment and materials for film production
- transport Belgrade – Požega – Belgrade
participant pays for:
- transport (to Belgrade and back)
- international travel health insurance
- getting a visa (if they need one to enter Serbia)
applying for the competition
Applying for the competition is free.
To apply for this competition you should complete and submit the online application form.
Application deadline: 30th April, 2018
the film which you will send to apply must be:
- subtitled to English
- made during your studies
The film should be uploaded on some of the online services (YouTube, Vimeo) and its link should be visible in the online application form along with the password. Your film must be available on the link given until the results of the competition have been announced – until the 20th of May, 2018.
Rules & Regulations of the 13th ISFC “Interaction 2018” [pdf] you can find here
Online application form of 13th ISFC “Interaction 2018” here
Call for submissions poster for 13th ISFC “Interaction 2018” you can find here
selection of the candidates
After the application deadline, the selection jury will consider the applications, select the candidates and list the names of the participants. Participants chosen to take part in this year’s camp will be informed by e-mail no later than the 20th of May, 2018.